Published On 8 Apr 2022
- A deadly attack on a train station in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kramatorsk draws international condemnation and calls for accountability.
- Ukrainian officials say at least 52 people were killed and hundreds more wounded in the attack, which Russia has denied responsibility for.
- Ukraine’s southern city of Odesa is imposing a weekend curfew over what it said was a Russian “missile strike threat”.
- The European Union has formally adopted new sanctions against Russia, including bans on the import of coal, wood and chemicals.
- Russia’s justice ministry has revoked the registration of 15 foreign organisations, including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.